Saturday, October 30, 2010

Friday comes too fast.

It should be no surprise that I'm not the most excited person to dress up for Halloween.  If I am going to draw attention to myself -- I'd rather not be dressed up as a clown while doing so. There's also the whole part about Halloween that I just don't see anything positive being celebrated by people walking around as witches, skeletons, and zombies. It's also silly to tell your kids all year not to take candy from strangers, and then send them to as many houses as their little legs can carry to ask for candy from strangers.  If I really am in the Halloween Grinch mode, I could also go into the history of the "holiday" and how it really started.... but I don't want to be too preachy. 

Suffice it to say Halloween is not my favorite holiday. 

And therefore, I have not been ultra prepared for it.  On Thursday night, Carolina starts asking me to come to the Halloween party at school tomorrow, and do we have any crowns she can wear as part of her costume. It's 8:30 at night and I am working on editing the photos of a wedding that I've promised will be ready for proofs this weekend. 

As Carolina is talking, I am thinking"Why are they celebrating Halloween in the middle of the week?  I don't understand why they would have the kids dress up already? Tomorrow is Wednesday, this is crazy.  Why don't they wait til Friday for the Halloween parties?"

Then, the kids all clue me in.
"MOM!  It IS Friday tomorrow.  Today is THURSDAY!"

News to me!  I don't know where my brain has been all week but I am completely thinking that I still have 3 days to figure out costumes AND finish editing several hundred photos I've promised would be ready. Why am I always doing stuff like this???

Gratefully -- Amanda came to the rescue!  She turned my little girls into fairies, and hot glued smarties to pants for two of the boys turning them into "Smartie Pants". The other three went as cowboys and a cowgirl. All while I edited away.  So -- thanks Amanda!!

And here is a sneak peak of Shawn and Ananda's very non-traditional wedding.

Vows...



Family Medallion


Remembering Mother...








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...